Our Dominican villa rental: Q&A
How far is The White House from the beach? The White house is 2 to 3 minutes' walk from 3 private beaches.
Does the villa have airconditioning? Yes, in 4 of the 5 bedrooms.
Is there a phone in the house? No.
Is there internet and wifi in the villa? Yes, with a US IP address and a wifi router.
What type of TV channels are available? A wide selection of US, European and local channels are included on cable TV in the villa.
Is there babysitting available? Yes, this can be arranged.
Is the villa suitable for all ages? Yes, being on one level, the villa is suitable for all ages.
The CommunityWhat activities are available in Sea Horse Ranch? There are several:
- the tennis club is up near the main entrance, 10 mins' walk away, has several courts, a couple of which are floodlit in the evening. There is a tennis pro and ball boys.
- the equestian centre, also within Sea Horse Ranch, offers rides along the beach and through the countryside. Suitable for novices and experienced riders alike.
Which are the nearest airports? There are several:
- POP - Puerto Plata airport (15 mins' away) with flights from American Airlines, jetBlue and United from the USA; Westjet and Air Transat from Canada; several from Europe. To guests of the White House, we offer limited roundtrip local transportation free-of-charge with Cocotours.
- STI - Santiago airport (80 mins' drive) with flights from American Airlines, jetBlue, Delta and others.
- AZS - Samaná El Catey airport (2 hrs' away) with seasonal flights from jetBlue, Air Canada and others.
General StuffWhat are the nearest towns? Sosúa with its pretty horseshoe bay, shops and bars, is 5 minutes' drive to the west. Cabarete, originally a popular windsurf destination, has grown to include other watersports include kiteboarding, windsurfing, paddleboarding and dinghy-sailing, and is only 10 minutes' drive along the coast to the east.
Where's the nearest supermarket? In Sosúa the main supermarket is called Playero, it's open daily from 8am to 8pm, it is well stocked and will have everything you need.
What if we need a doctor? The nearest doctor and clinic are in Sosúa, only 5 minutes' drive away. Or you could ask the doctor to come visit.
How do you suggest we get about? There are really two options: take cabs, or hire a car. We have a close relationship with National Car Hire in the Dominican Republic who will gladly send a driver to fetch you from the villa to take you to their rental station at Puerto Plata to complete the paperwork.
Can we go rafting? Yes, we can offer you via our connection with Cocotours, one-day tours to go rafting in Jarabacoa in the Dominican Alps.
What currency should we bring? Credit and debit cards are widely accepted, and there are ATMs in nearby Sosúa and Cabarete. Dollars in cash are also accepted and can be changed upon arrival at the airport or nearby.